You either do not have the time or the inclination to blog today, but you know you have to. You absolutely must post something today, but you have no idea what it is going to be. Well, if you have less than thirty minutes and you need a blog post, then try one of these five ways:
- Just write – Just start writing. It doesn’t matter if it is a topic you have covered before or if you are just going stream of consciousness. The point is to get something written down. You will find that your idea will emerge from all the blather and might even form a great post for you. If not, you can always edit out the junk and end up with something that is postable.
- Photo –Readers love photos. They love to see cute pics, colorful pics, and awesome pics. If you ran across an image or two that you want to share; then feel free. No one ever said that your blog post had to have words with it, did they?
- Micro-blog –Twitter and its kin have the right idea. Micro-blogging is an easy way to get your ideas out there fast. A limited amount of characters really makes you think about what you are going to say and how you are going to say it.
- Meme – No matter how you pronounce the word, a meme is almost always a hit with readers. Combine text with an image and voila, you have a meme. They even have websites devoted to helping you create your own meme, so give one a try. Think of a meme as a quick man’s version of an infographic.
- Link –Last but not least is the simplest idea. You read an article you really love, so why don’t you share it with your blog readers? All you have to do is write a quick intro saying why you love it. Then insert the link and your post is complete. How easy is that?
No matter how short of a time you have, you always have time to post something to your blog. Remember that an essay is not required. All it takes is a little creativity and thought to have a great blog post in just a few minutes.
Heather Smith is an ex-nanny. Passionate about thought leadership and writing, Heather regularly contributes to various career, social media, public relations, branding, and parenting blogs/websites. She also provides value to hire a nanny by giving advice on site design as well as the features and functionality to provide more and more value to nannies and families across the U.S. and Canada. She can be available at H.smith7295 [at] gmail.com.