The rate at which businesses are transitioning to cloud-based services has been increasing exponentially since 2020 and it is only expected to grow over the coming years. The question then, is not if or when you should take the proverbial plunge with your business, but with whom you should take it with.
In this article, we’re going to talk about how you can ensure that you choose the best cloud service provider for your business in 2023. If you’re aware of the practical benefits of adopting cloud-based services but want to make sure you sign up with the best of the best, this is the article for you.
1. Consider the cost benefits
When short-listing your prospective cloud service providers, you should make sure that you will be getting the following cost benefits:
- Flexible payment plans and billing options
- No unreasonable lock-in periods (or with attractive discounts for long-term commitments)
- Pay-as-you-go / pick-and-mix billing models
- Easy scaling and the option to switch off unwanted services as and when
2. Study their company profile
You must fully understand your own business requirements so you can ensure that your chosen cloud service provider properly aligns with your key strategies. Check for the following:
- Whether the various services that they offer are in-line with your larger strategy
- Whether their service models suit you
- Check their proven experience and how many years they have in the industry
- Read up on their social proof; reviews and testimonials reveal a lot
- Research how quickly they resolve any customer complaints (look to social media)
3. Licencing, certifications, and international standards
Another critical consideration is how well-positioned a cloud service provider is to accommodate your needs. Do they have the correct licensing and certifications? Are they compliant with the best industry practices and all other necessary international standards in the cloud industry?
It’s also worth brushing up on Australian Consumer Law (ACL) and consumer privacy for cloud services in Australia.
4. Technological capabilities
You should also evaluate the technological capabilities of any cloud service provider before making a commitment. Are they an innovative industry leader? Do they promise to demonstrate growth over the coming years? This is key to ensuring your future growth as all.
Evaluate their overall portfolio and gain insight into the overall services that they offer—including their commitment to developing new technologies. Are they leading the charge or riding on others’ coattails?
5. Data security
One of the biggest considerations when choosing your cloud service provider is data security. You want to work with a company that offers customised data security with state-of-the-art protection.
Cybercrime is forever on the rise so having an IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) with unmatched protection for your business critical data is essential.
Settling on the perfect cloud service provider isn’t easy particularly given just how many different companies there are out there offering similar services. The important thing is that you don’t rush into anything. Make sure that you ask the right questions, shop around, and negotiate well. Follow those steps and finding the right cloud service provider for your business will be relatively straightforward.