Are you planning to sell your existing iPhone model and make room for a new buy? Well, if so, then you must remember to take some preventive steps ensuring a safe cell. Since, you will be selling the model to a stranger, it is imperative for you to erase all the personal data so that nothing is accessible or easily available to the buyer. This rule significantly applies in both cases where you need to sell old iPhone online and offline.
Wondering about how to go ahead with the process? Follow the below-mentioned steps to ensure that no one gets to access your personal information like work emails, audio and video clips, text messages, etc.
Take a back-up of your iPhone data
Prior to erasing data from your phone, you must make sure to take a back-up of the same as this would allow you to restore the information onto your new model without much hurry. Now, depending on the iOS version and the sync preferences, you can choose to back-up the data either on your computer or the iCloud service of Apple.
- iCloud Back-up
If your iPhone runs on iOS 5, then iCloud will be automatically taking a back-up of the essential data on your model regularly. However, before deleting personal information from your model, you must take a final manual back-up of the same. Here is a look at the steps to follow:
- Always ensure that you have a connection to Wi-Fi network
- Establish the Settings application
- Direct towards the iCloud – storage and back-up section
- Tap on the button back-up now
Please note: the process can take some time depending on the last back-up date of your phone iCloud.
- iTunes Back-up
Here is a quick look at the steps that you need to follow while taking a back-up of your model through iTunes.
- Create a connection between your computer and iPhone
- Open the iTunes section and choose iPhone under Devices in the left navigation panel.
- Right click on the device and choose the tab back-up
Delete all Data and Settings of your iPhone
Once, you are done with a successful back-up of your phone, it is time to delete all the data and settings to present the same in original form. Here are the steps that you need to follow for deleting the data from your existing model:
- Establish the Settings app
- Tap on the ‘General’ tab
- Scroll downwards and tab the ’reset’ button
- Tap on the ‘erase all content and settings tab
- Submit the pass code, if you have set one
- Following the pass code submission, it will finally prompt saying whether you are sure to delete the data and settings from your model
- Tap on the button ‘erase iPhone’
Your phone will show up the Apple logo and a bar of progress during the data deletion process. It is natural for the process to take some time depending on the iPhone model and information amount on the model.
Please note: Always remember to maintain full charge of your phone and connect the same to a power source, prior to beginning the process.
If your iPhone is jailbroken, then it is always wiser to delete the data and settings from the phone by plugging it to a computer and clicking on the ‘restore’ button.
Unregister your iPhone
It is also a wonderful idea to unregister your iPhone from the website of Apple to break the link or connection with the Apple ID. Here is a look at the steps:
- Visit the support profile page in apple’s website and go to my support profile
- Log in to your account
- Select and click on the tab ‘edit products’
- Click on the ‘x’ button on the righthand of the product
- Click on the tab ‘unregister’
Following the above-mentioned processes step by step can help you increase the worth of your phone by preparing to sell old iPhone online without any hassle.
Author Bio: When it comes to selling used iPhones, you must follow some precautionary steps to avoid being into any miss following the sale. In this prospect, you can always take a cue from Darren Crowe who has authored many articles focusing on the aspect sell old iPhone online.