We live in a world today that is surrounded by immersive multimedia and cutting-edge technology. One is never too far away from a really important and influential piece of tech that is around. Technology is a very important part of our lifestyles, and everyday functionality can get easily hindered when even one piece of tech goes missing. It can range from simple devices such as earphones to more important ones like laptops.
As we head into the next decade of the 21st century, we are all set to utilize tech more than ever, and a seamless multimedia experience is of the utmost importance. The age we live in today is called the imagination age and it is all about how we can maximize our audio-visual experiences. Products nowadays have a ton of killerfeatures and a level of innovation previously thought impossible. Some of the most widely used consumer products are:
- Power-banks: We use devices such as cameras, phones and laptops which run on batteries. These appliances have a limited battery and can run out soon when it is under heavy usage. For those times and when one may be travelling and foresees an outcome where they may not be able to find a place to charge their device, a power-bank is a life saver. These are portable batteries which come in a variety of shape, size and charge and depending on the situation some can be of help for days on end. They can power all sorts of devices, from laptops to multiple phones. Some even work off of solar power and can be handily recharged without the use of cables and a plug point. Power-banks are much underrated and their importance often goes unnoticed, yet owning one can make you realize what was missing all that time.
- Cameras: Capturing moments and recording footage, is an important part of modern life. We go about our days witnessing beautiful scenery and great events, some may pass us by and we barely have time to notice them. For times like these, digital still lens recording (DSLR) cameras are a must. These have dedicated lenses and technology to help capture a perfectly crystal image and record footage in slow motion or a very high resolution. Although most smartphones come with cameras of their own, they cannot match the detail and imagery provided by a camera with huge lens and wide aperture. These devices are also quite affordable and can be easily bought at any electronics shop.
- Mobile phones: The most commonly used electronic media around the world, mobiles or smartphones as they are now called, are devices which have a host of features and technology designed to enhance every experience of our life. Phones feature super vivid bezel-less screens, brilliant cameras, ultra-fast processors and sleek designs. With a treasure trove of additions, smartphones can perform multiple tasks and even take care of the most demanding work almost seamlessly. They have a varied functionality for different users, some use it to take pictures, others for business and some use it to consume content. With a myriad of options at various price points, one can really buy a device, which they feel suits them and their demands. There are many types of phones which can offer a user a distinct feature and it is up to the user if that is what they are really looking for.
- Audio devices: speakers, earphones and headphones are all devices which one can utilize to listen to various sounds, be it podcasts, e-books and most importantly music; these devices are a must-have. Depending on the use and demand of the consumer, they can take their pick from either earphone which is easy to handle and use, or headphones which can provide richer sound but are rather bulky to carry and a speaker. There are many great options available in markets, but the most common debate is the one between wired and wireless audio. The former can provide a richer more immersive sound experience and the latter is more useful as it does away with the hassles of a wire. Wireless devices are slightly more on the expensive side, but as technology develops and with nearly every big tech giant coming into the foray of wireless audio, it is only going to get cheaper.
- Laptops: perhaps the most important and powerful portable device, a laptop combines the power of a computer into a smaller form factor. Today’s laptops have bright and vivid screens, super-fast processors, slim and sleek designs and a fast operating system. They can perform all sorts of tasks, from work to multimedia consumption like a breeze. Media consumption on laptops is significantly better than most devices, as they have more storage for files of higher sizes and quality, better and wider screens, quality speakers for a good sound experience and much more. The battery life on laptops is also far longer than that of other portable media. Laptops are an ideal companion for entertainment and work, they can be easily carried anywhere provide a functionality bar none.
- TVs: when it comes to watching a movie with loved ones or cheering a sport with one’s best friends, nothing beats the sheer joy that comes from watching it unfold on a wide and vivid screen. Televisions have long evolved from the old chunky boxes into wide and sleek devices which also make the house look modern and stylish. The resolutions on televisions are generally better than any other device and with 4K content making a push on every platform, there is no better place to watch it than a TV. From 80+ inches to 32 inches, one can pick a size which suits their viewing pleasure. And with a multitude of technologies available, such as LED, QLED and OLED, one can choose a tech based on their need and budget.
One can find a comprehensive listing on tech portals like killerfeatures.com, which takes into account various expert analysis and a detailed breakdown of the pros and cons of each device. This allows users to select their products based on their reviews and scores; thus allowing for an easy decision making process for the customer.