Is your Netgear wireless router not working well? Well, there can be various factors that lead to this problem. So here we will provide you with some best measures to fix the issue and to bring your Netgear router back to work.
Most of the time, users rush to push the reset button to fix the issue. Well, that’s not an ideal Netgear router troubleshooting approach every time. Sometimes even a simple restart is enough to fix the issue. So, keep the router factory reset as the last option. You can also check
Here in the article, we have listed some basic troubleshooting and tips that we think can help you to fix most of the Netgear wireless router problems.
- Start with rebooting your internet modem and the Netgear router. Plug-out the power cable of your Netgear router and modem from the electric power outlets and wait for minimum 5 to 10 seconds.
- Now plug the power cords back into the electric power outlets and until the LEDs on both the Netgear wireless router and modem not get solid.
- Turn on your computer as well.
- Check the Internet light on your router and try to connect your computer with it.
- Run any web browser and use the Internet. Check if reboot has fixed the problem.
- Congrats, if you are able to use the internet on your computer or laptop.
So, the basic Netgear wireless router troubleshooting measure. Now, let’s proceed with some advanced measures to fix the Netgear wireless router not working issue.
Measure #1: Netgear Router Soft Reset Method
- Firstly try to connect your modem to router with an Ethernet cable.
- Wait for the LEDs to get solid on both the devices.
- Now, on your computer run any web browser.
- Visit the Nighthawk router setup webpage.
- Enter the default Netgear router login credentials.
- Hit on the ‘Login’ button.
- Once you have successfully logged in, visit the ‘Backup Settings’ option. Then hit on the ‘Revert To Factory Default Settings’.
- Here you find the ‘Erase’ button. Hit on that button and you will successfully reset your Netgear router.
- Now, reboot your Netgear router and try to restart your home modem as well. Now check if this measure has fixed the issue.
Measure #2: Netgear Router Hard Reset Method
Go with the hard reset method if the soft reset does not fix the Netgear wireless router not working problem.
- Check the backside of your Netgear router, there you will find a ‘Reset Hole’.
- With the help of a paper pin or pen, press the reset key.
- Wait for few minutes until you find all LED lights blinking.
That’s it. You are done here with a hard reset. Now try to reboot your Netgear wireless router and check if you are able to surf over the internet or not.
Measure #3: Update Your Netgear Router Firmware Version
Sometimes the Netgear wireless router stops to work due to outdated firmware. So, it’s good to check for firmware updates. Follow the below-mentioned steps for the Netgear router firmware update.
- Connect your router to modem via an Ethernet cable.
- Wait for the LEDs to get solid.
- Turn on your computer.
- Visit the Netgear router setup page.
- Enter the Nighthawk router login credentials.
- Hit on the ‘Login’ button.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ option and check if there is an update available.
- If any latest firmware update is available, it will automatically download and install.
We hope that our article will help you to fix Netgear wireless router not working issue. If still, the problem persists, feel free to share with us via comments.