Netgear wireless routers are splendid networking devices that endow the uninterrupted speed of the internet in every corner of your house. Go with Netgear router manual setup and get fast and steady WiFi without buffering or signal breakage.
As a matter of fact, Netgear router setup via routerlogin.net web address is the simplest and outstanding way to increase your existing WiFi coverage and range. There are two easy ways to perform the setup process of a Netgear WiFi router and they are described below.
- Smart Wizard Setup.
- Manual Setup.
Smart Wizard Setup
Hit ‘Setup’ on the CD to use this method.
This is the easiest method to set up your Netgear wireless router. As a matter of fact, the wizard will guide you through the setup and installation process, automates many of the steps and verifies that important conditions exist and the steps you perform to set up and install your device have been successfully completed. This method requires a PC or laptop running Microsoft Windows.
This method is best if you cannot use the smart setup wizard on the CD – are replacing an existing networking router, or are tech-savvy. Follow brief instructions in this manual to set up your Netgear wireless router make use of the setup option that suits you the best.
Smart Setup Wizard Setup
This process will take 20-25 minutes of yours to complete.
Into a Windows computer or laptop, insert the installation CD that came with your Netgear device. The installation CD will start and detect your preferred language you are using on your device automatically.
Accept and agree to the language option. You can also select a different language as well.
Note: Despite the fact that if your installation CD does not start up automatically, then browse the CD and after that, double-click on the autorun option.
Click on ‘Next’ and proceed further with the next step.
Now, click on ‘Setup’ in order to run the ‘smart wizard installation assistant’ and after that, follow the on-screen setup wizard instructions.
There are two (2) ways to set up and install your Netgear wireless router.
- Connect your Netgear router to the cable or ADSL (Asymmetric digital subscriber line) modem after that, connect a computer or laptop to the Netgear wireless router.
- Configure, install, and set up your Netgear router using your existing internet service.
To connect your Netgear wireless router
Connect your Netgear wireless router, computer/laptop, and the modem.
- Turn off your computer or laptop.
- Unplug and turn off your ADSL or cable broadband modem.
- Connect your computer or laptop to the modem via an Ethernet cable.
- Then, disconnect the cable at the computer or laptop end only.
- After that, insert the Ethernet cable from your modem into the internet port of your Netgear wireless router properly and securely.
- Now, insert the blue cable securely that came along with your Netgear wireless router into a LAN port 1 on your device (router) and another end into the Ethernet port of your computer or laptop.
Fab! You have successfully connected the network cables. You are all set to start your network.
Start your network
It is important to start your network in an accurate sequence.
- First of all, plug-in and after that, turn on your cable or DSL (Digital subscriber line) modem. Wait for about 2-3 minutes.
- Secondly, carefully plug the power cord into your Netgear wireless router and into a damaged-free power outlet. Wait for about1-2 minutes.
- Turn off your computer or laptop.
- Connect to your wireless router by typing routerlogin.net in the URL field of your browser and then click on Enter.
A Netgear router login window will appear.
- For security reasons, your Netgear wireless router has its own default login credentials (username and password). When prompted, type ‘admin’ for username and ‘password’ for the password (case-sensitive).
Once you are logged in successfully, the below screen will appear:
- Click on ‘Next’ and the setup wizard will assist you with configuring and setting your Netgear wireless router to access the internet in a hassle-free way.
- Finally, click on ‘Done’ to finish.
Fab! You are successfully and securely connected to the internet.
Note: Use 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 (Netgear router default IP address) if you face routerlogin.net not working issues.
If you want more Netgear router troubleshooting tips, do one of the following:
- Call our experts at toll-free number 1-888-957-6174 for instant solutions to your problems.
- Write your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Live chat with our chat representative 24×7 and lay all your queries on them.